Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Flowers for me...

I remember this fondly and can see myself standing at my desk...feeling so comfortable in that book...so innocent and so young. I was grown up in some way in 8th grade...You inspired me Michael...Grazie Tanto!

MT "I was recently talking to one of my students about how the most unfortunate act of having to read the last page of Flowers for Algernon aloud in Mr. Lu's class fell upon you, and how, even through wave after agonizing wave of sniffs and blubbers, you were a total champion and made it through.

On a separate note, duder, you've got to post more on this thing. The people miss you. ♥"

TR "Oh my God....I had forgotten about that. I am so lucky we were in class together. I miss you Mike. Are you writing anywhere that I should know about? Are your students reading Algernon? I can not believe how easily I let my guard down with that book. It was that class. We were together all the time so I guess it was ok. What a time in our lives, right? The extremes...laughing uncontrollably one minute and being so hurt and vulnerable the next...we had such fun"

No comments: