Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hillbilly Hipsters

We finally found a spot for our latest treasures...two old recliners that the church back home was throwing away. We sat them in front of the fire after a weekend of visiting the fams in NJ and there was...something...maybe on the radio....it was...it was a country song and Rick turned to me from the fire and said, "That's a good question...what would you do? If you were going to die...in 6 months, if you knew you were going to die, what would you do?" I thought about it for a split second...that's all it took. "I would write" Our eyes glazed over and I couldn't control myself. I was just doing a happy cry all over the place. It was terrific. It feels so good to think of it. A minute later I thought of what other people might do...an extravagant vacation, tell their mother how much they love them, forgive an old friend...To think that I wanted none of that. If in 6 months, I would no longer be around, I would be completely satisified. It stems from the idea that I already do everything I want...all the time...I tell people what I want them to know, I have been to every place I ever wanted to see (with the one that I love the very most, bonus), my husband knows how much I love him, I have no grudges, I have no fear of dying...I would just write.

Seeing family and singing Happy Birthday was a treat! Being with friends and not having to catch up was even better...it's just right where we left off.

We came home and let the chickens out...a while later we found our favorite chicken Stumpy resigned from chickenhood just outside the coop. She was the friendliest, strongest, cuddliest, most handicapped chicken in the world...she will be missed. Coopa, Chicken Soup and that other chicken are ok, but I can tell they miss the Stumpster. She was the rock. Pour out some OJ for her next time you have an omelette.

No comments: